Ideas Are Worthless NYC 2012
United States , New York·April 11, 2012
The conference will feature guest speakers sharing insights into startup fundraising, investment stategies, running a company, new startup trends, and finding technical talent for your startup.
- April 11, 2012
- 1:00 pm - 1:30 pmRegistration and Networking
- 1:30 pm - 2:00 pmWelcome
- 1:30 pm - 6:00 pmStartup Clinic: 1 on 1 Speed Mentoring
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmCYA: Legal and Accounting for Startups
- 3:00 pm - 4:00 pmFounders Talk
- 4:00 pm - 5:00 pmKeynote Speaker
- 5:00 pm - 6:00 pmTrends In Raising Capital
- 6:00 pm - 6:15 pmWrap up and Call to Action
- 6:15 pm - 7:00 pmNetworking Reception
- April 11, 2012
New York City
The Ideas Are Worthless conference is a forum to connect, educate, and inspire every attendee towards execution. Hosted by Black Founders Startup Ventures and Goodwin Procter LLP, the conference will bring together a diverse perspective of tech entrepreneurship, while providing a platform for emerging companies, entrepreneurs, and investors to connect and take action.
Keynote by Bob Dorf
Bob Dorf Co-Author of The Startup Owner's ManualAllegedly retired serial entrepreneur & Co-Author of The Startup Owner's Manual. Bob Dorf is often called the "midwife of Customer Development," helping Steve Blank deploy it when Blank's eighth startup, Epiphany, opened its doors with five employees in 1996. Dorf later critiqued the earliest versions of Steve's Four Steps to the Epiphany mercilessly along the way, and they've been friends and colleagues ever since. In March, 2012, along with Steve Blank, Bob published The Startup Owner's Manual: a step-by-step gu
The program will include panelists, (including investors, CEOs, entrepreneurs, engineers), sharing insights into startup fundraising, investment stategies, running a company, new startup trends, and finding technical talent for your startup. There will also be a Startup Clinic. The Startup Clinic will allow entrepreneurs to meet one on one with investors and prominent entrepreneurs to receive feedback on their startup and pitch. Signups for Startup Clinic will be on the day on the event at Registration. First Come, First Served.
Who should attend? Anyone working in technology, from early-stage startup to corporate to investments. Anyone who is thinking about starting a startup, or has a general interest in technology and innovation. This includes but is not limited to: engineers, entrepreneurs, designers, product managers, marketers, business development, and investors.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
- Goodwin Procter LLP is a national law firm with a growing international presence. With offices in Boston, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, and Washington, D.C., we work closely with clients to advance business objectives in the U.S. and abroad. Our corporate headquarters are in Boston, where the firm was originally founded in 1912. Diversity. A broader perspective offers a better view. Diversity is more than an idea or a policy at Goodwin Procter. We are committed to promoting diversity in our law firm and in the legal profession. Every a
- black enterprise, your ultimate source to build Wealth for Life, is the premier business, investing, and wealth-building resource for African Americans. Since 1970, be has provided essential business information and advice to professionals, corporate executives, entrepreneurs, and decision makers. Every month, black enterprise magazine provides 4 million readers with information on entrepreneurship, careers, and financial management. A multimedia company, be also produces television programming, business and lifestyle events, Web content, and digital media. Visit
- Gust provides the global platform for the sourcing and management of early-stage investments. Gust enables skilled entrepreneurs to collaborate with the smartest investors by virtually supporting all aspects of the investment relationship, from initial pitch to successful exit. Gust is endorsed by the world's leading business angel and venture capital associations, and powers over 750 investment organizations in 65 countries. More than 125,000 start-ups have already used the platform to connect and collaborate with over 35,000 individual accredited investors. The company was founded in 2004 un
- Orrick is an international law firm founded in San Francisco that can trace its roots back to 1863. The firm exists to help clients achieve their goals and solve their problems by performing effective, challenging and innovative legal work on their behalf, with financial results that will permit the firm to advance and flourish.