- Startup Clinic The most popular part of the New York Conference is coming to Atlanta!
Startup Clinic is speed mentoring for Startups. You will be paired one on one with an angel investor, VC, or an industry expert. You will have an opportunity, during your one one one session, to receive feedback on your pitch and startup.
One of the participants from New York's Startup clinic incorporated the advice from his session and won a pitch competition in New York!
You do not want to miss out on this!
- CYA: Legal and Accounting for Startups Legal Panel
- How to fail well Failure is the little discussed topic among the tech community. Yet, how you fail the first time can often send a message to your team, the public and investors. It can also determine future success. Listen to the stories of successful founders who were able to turn failures into a successful company.
- Customer Development: How to build a product people want. You believe that you have developed a product that your client needs. Does your customer agree? Learn how to develop a strong product based on what your customers really need and want. This panel will discuss how to use your customers to help you build a product they will buy.
- How will they find out about you? A Primer on engaging effectively with Media. Build it and they will come is a myth that many companies embrace. Learn from media experts from CNN, Public Relation firms, and Social Media companies how to engage effective with the media.
- Trends in Raising Capital in Atlanta: Pitching to VCs, Entertainers, and Angels Does an investor that is an athlete or entertainer invest for different reasons than a venture capitalist? How do you reach a non-traditional investor?
Join us for a panel discussion regarding reaching different types of investors. The panelist of Investors will discuss what they are looking for. Investors range from traditional investors whose background is banking to investors who are entertainers.
Talking points also includes startup trends, how to raise a round, the recent JOBS act, and investor strategies.
- CYA for Startups: Atlanta Details
Should I get a patent?
When should I get incorporated?
How do I hire quality people?
Do I have to pay taxes?
Should I take advantage of the recent JOBS Act?
No matter how unique your startup is there are common questions that all startup companies need answered. Come learn from experts in legal and startup accounting in this unique format. This is not the typical panel discussion where you take notes and listen. Think speed dating meets startup experts. We place experts at tables and let you go to them and as
- Taking the Leap How do you take the first leap and then the next one, and the one after that?
- How to Bootstrap Your Startup A pocket full of dreams does not pay your rent. How do you build a company but also fullfill you other obligations. Join us for a lively discussion on bootstrapping a startup.
- Fireside Chat Fireside chats is a an opportunity for attendees to hear the story of a successful entrepreneur.
Join us as James Harris (Elemental Interactive and Everythingblack.com) interviews Paul Judge (Pindrop Security, Barracuda Networks and Cipher Trust) about his journey as a serial entrepreneur.
- Funding Round Table This is an opportunity for participants to ask questions about funding in a small intimate setting. Participants will be broken into small groups to allow for deeper questions about how to fund their startup.
Experts from Invest Atlanta will share little know tax breaks available for startups. There will also be sessions with non traditional investors and also traditional investors. The goal of these sessions is to give you information to help successfully fund your startup.